Man rigged ‘small explosives’ under toilet seats at local car wash where he was a regular customer, injuring at least 1: Police

Inset, top to bottom: Paul Moses Allen (San Antonio Police) and one of the toilets he allegedly rigged with a small explosive device (KENS5). Background: One of the Wash Tub Car Centers where Alden allegedly booby-trapped toilet seats (KENS5).

Inset, top to bottom: Paul Moses Allen (San Antonio Police) and one of the toilets he allegedly rigged with a small explosive device (KENS). Background: One of the Wash Tub Car Centers where Alden allegedly booby-trapped toilet seats (KENS).

A 46-year-old man in Texas is accused of rigging toilets at several locations of a local car wash chain, placing small explosives underneath the toilet seats that were designed to detonate under pressure.

Paul Moses Alden, who maintained a membership at the business, was taken into custody last week and charged with one count of arson causing reckless damage or bodily injury, records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

According to a probable cause affidavit, officers with the San Antonio Police Department on July 27, 2024, contacted the arson office in connection with several incidents involving which had taken place over the previous week at Wash Tub Car Centers in the area. The incidents — three in total — involved “small explosions” being “set under toilet seats” at two of the car wash chain’s locations.

Management told police that the first two incidents took place on July 19 and 20 at the Wash Tub in the 1200 block of Bandera Road in Helotes, Texas. A representative of the company said that on both dates, “loud ‘bangs’ were heard in the bathroom by customers using the bathroom/toilet.”

The second incident resulted in a female customer being injured, per the affidavit.

You May Also Like

‘Ritz Carlton Residences’ Will Add 128 Condo Units in Two Towers At Hammock Dunes (not Palm Coast)

A rendering of the two towers forming the Ritz Carlton Residences at…

Teacher hired high school student to kill her husband, provided ‘down payment’ and details on when kids would be out of the house: Police

Inset: Stephanie Demetrius (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Academy for Urban…

‘Not an honest mistake’: SWAT raid at wrong home left family ‘psychologically scarred’ and their house ‘ransacked,’ lawsuit says

Avery Marshall (Right) and Alisa Carr (Left) stand outside their home in…

Mom killed as she slept with her 3 kids in plot by boyfriend who arranged to have himself shot in fake home invasion: Cops

Inset: Porshe Streeter. Left: Saun Rainge Jr. Right: Benjamin Garbon (Orange County…