Lawsuit Filed in Death of North Carolina Woman at Cabo Resort

The family of a North Carolina woman who died at a Mexican resort two years ago has filed a lawsuit against her six traveling companions.

Shanquela Robinson died a day after arriving at the group’s villa in Cabo San Lucas in October 2022, as CrimeOnline reported. Mexican officials initially attributed Robinson’s death to alcohol poisoning, but a death certificate issued there listed her death as a severe spinal cord injury and atlas luxation — suggesting her first vertebra became unattached from her skull. The report does not mention alcohol.

An American forensic pathologist, Dr. Thomas Owens, found no spinal cord injuries and listed her death as undetermined, however.

After Shanquella Robinson’s death, a video surfaced online which apparently shows her being attacked in a hotel room. During the video, someone is heard telling “Quella” to “at least fight back.”

In an 18-page information packet given to U.S. officials in March, Mexican authorities reportedly identified Daejhanae Jackson as the “perpetrator” and issued a warrant for her arrest. Jackson was one of the six people who traveled to Mexico with Robinson.

“Shanquella Robinson’s family, through this lawsuit, seeks compensatory and punitive damages to address the profound emotional and financial toll this incident has caused,” attorney Sue-Ann Robinson said in a news release, WSOC reported.

It’s not known if the attorney, a television legal analyst, is related to the family.

The lawsuit names the so-called “Cabo 6” as well as the US Department of State and the FBI as defendants, claiming wrongful death, battery, negligence, conspiracy, and emotional distress.

“The family continues to call for the arrest and extradition of Daejhanae Jackson,” Sue-Ann Robinson said.

At a news conference on Tuesday, Shanquella’s mother, Sallamondra Robinson, said she was “fed up.”

“I need justice for my child,” she said. “We should have been had justice. Even if they couldn’t arrest the whole Cabo Six, some of these people should have been already in jail, long time ago. Long time ago.”

You May Also Like

3 siblings tied up and starved 18-year-old brother to death, then let his body ‘swell and smell’ for days before reporting it, police say

Background: The home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where Ezekiel Baseme was found…

‘Muzzling the Executive’: Trump admin says order targeting Hillary Clinton-linked law firm is ‘straightforwardly legal’ in seeking dismissal of lawsuit

Left: President Donald Trump addresses a joint session of Congress on Capitol…

Police Search Neighborhood for Florida Woman Missing Since Last Year

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) in Florida searched a Lantana…

Man who threw 2-year-old to death from 30-foot bridge after shooting mom admits to both killings

Brynnen Murphy being escorted by police in March 2022 (Baton Rouge Police…