Judge’s protective order in Trump Jan. 6 civil case leaves little room for former president to sidestep police, lawmakers during discovery

Left: President Donald Trump arrives to speak at a rally in Washington, on Jan. 6, 2021 (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). Right: In this Jan. 6, 2021, file photo violent insurrectionists loyal to President Donald Trump supporters try to break through a police barrier at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. (AP Photo/John Minchillo).

Left: President Donald Trump arrives to speak at a rally in Washington, on Jan. 6, 2021 (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). Right: In this Jan. 6, 2021, file photo violent insurrectionists loyal to President Donald Trump supporters try to break through a police barrier at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. (AP Photo/John Minchillo).

A federal judge overseeing civil litigation brought against Donald Trump by lawmakers and police who endured the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol has agreed to give the former president and convicted felon more time to obtain records from the Secret Service and Metropolitan Police Department that have been missing in action since June.

As Law&Crime previously reported, during a status conference in the civil matter in early August before U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta, attorneys for Trump and attorneys for the plaintiffs revealed that subpoenas the parties sent to the Secret Service and Washington, D.C.‘s Metropolitan Police Department have gone totally unanswered for over a month.

Attorneys for the plaintiffs told Mehta that the deadline they put for response for their subpoenas sent earlier this year was June 18. Neither the Secret Service or MPD wished to comment to Law&Crime.

You May Also Like

In Flagler, Voters Cast Half a Million Ballots in 8 years; 5 Were Non-Citizens. Where’s the ‘Fraud’?

Florida law treats drop-boxes like hazardous materials. (© FlaglerLive) In his March…

Teacher Who Allegedly Sexually Assaulted Special Needs Student Kept ‘Memoir’ About Him on Phone

A married Illinois special education teacher, who  faces allegations of raping a…

‘Bad all around’: Trump admin’s top DC prosecutor says charging of Jan. 6 rioters is DOJ’s ‘greatest failure’ since Japanese American internment camps

FILE – Ed Martin speaks at an event hosted by Rep. Matt…

‘Threaten to fundamentally fracture the country’: Groups tell SCOTUS Trump’s arguments in birthright case could recreate divisions like those ‘between slave and free states’

President Donald Trump gestures as he speaks during an Iftar dinner in…