Would-be ‘judge, jury, and executioner’ Cain Velasquez avoids trial, but retired UFC star still faces prison after hunting down accused child molester

Cain Velasquez, Harry Goularte

Left: Cain Velasquez speaks after his release from jail in 2022 (Law&Crime Sidebar). Right: Harry Goularte (Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office).

Harry Goularte, a California man accused of molesting the 4-year-old son of former UFC champion fighter Cain Velasquez at a day care center, says the judge overseeing his case was “asleep and not focused” on the bench during important parts of testimony from the alleged child victim.

Goularte, 45, remains out on bail and he will make his next court appearance on Nov. 13, court records show. An attorney for Goularte did not immediately return a request for comment on Thursday.

As Law&Crime previously reported, on Aug. 14, Velasquez, 42, was convicted of attempting to murder Goularte for the alleged molestation that occurred in 2022. Prosecutors called the former UFC fighter a would-be “judge, jury, and executioner” before he pleaded no contest to attempted murder and other charges.

You May Also Like

Man who threw 2-year-old to death from 30-foot bridge after shooting mom admits to both killings

Brynnen Murphy being escorted by police in March 2022 (Baton Rouge Police…

The Daily Cartoon and Live Briefing: Thursday, April 3, 2025

From Clay Jones. To include your event in the Briefing and Live…

‘Muzzling the Executive’: Trump admin says order targeting Hillary Clinton-linked law firm is ‘straightforwardly legal’ in seeking dismissal of lawsuit

Left: President Donald Trump addresses a joint session of Congress on Capitol…

Jan. 6 defendant who got busted with illegal guns and Army grenades gets the Trump pardon treatment

Left: President Donald Trump gives remarks during an event celebrating the 2024…