‘I’m not the same person I was’: Appendicitis patient who says nightmarish surgery error led to sepsis and nearly killed him sues surgeons

George Piano files lawsuit

George Piano and his wife Betsy Piano appear for interview after filing a lawsuit against University of Washington Medical Center Northwest and two surgeons (KIRO/screengrab)

Nearly a year after he went to the emergency room with appendicitis and left with part of his colon removed, a Washington state man has filed a lawsuit against the hospital and two surgeons in a medical malpractice case that stunned his own attorney.

George Piano of Lake Forest Park filed suit last week against the University of Washington Medical Center Northwest and two of the hospital’s surgeons, whom attorney Edward Moore identified as attending physician Nidhi Udyavar and surgeon-in-training Paul Herman.

You May Also Like

Man who murdered pregnant ex-girlfriend in front of her children while she unpacked baby shower gifts whines about his ‘constitutional rights’ during sentencing

Share copy link Background: News footage of the memorial in New York,…

Russell Brand grins as he is seen in public in the US for the first time after being charged with rape and sexual assault in Britain

Actor and comedian Russell Brand has been spotted in public for the first…

Judge Orders Return of Maryland Man Wrongly Deported to El Salvador Prison

Protestors outside the U.S. District Court of Maryland in Greenbelt rally in…

‘Bad all around’: Trump admin’s top DC prosecutor says charging of Jan. 6 rioters is DOJ’s ‘greatest failure’ since Japanese American internment camps

FILE – Ed Martin speaks at an event hosted by Rep. Matt…