Homeschooling parents hid 10-year-old son and tried to starve him to death so no one would know he ever existed: Prosecutors

The Schindleys in court and in mugshots

Tyler Schindley, on the left, and Krista Schindley, on the right, appear in court and in mugshots. (Screengrab via WXIA; Spalding County Jail)

A Georgia couple accused of starving and abusing their 10-year-old son have been denied bond after prosecutors made shocking new allegations against them.

During a Monday morning hearing in Spalding County, a judge agreed with state prosecutors and denied pretrial release for Krista Schindley and her husband, Tyler Schindley, who were charged in May with myriad counts related to the alleged starvation and abuse of their child. Prosecutors told the judge that the couple had planned for the boy to be hidden away while he died so that he could perish without anyone ever knowing he even existed, according to a courtroom report by Atlanta-based ABC affiliate WSB-TV.

The court found that the Schindleys posed a significant risk of flight, that the couple was likely to try and intimidate witnesses in the case, and that they were a significant risk to the community at large.

You May Also Like

Newborn left in trash bag on porch discovered by man who didn’t know his girlfriend was pregnant: Police

Share copy link Alaynah Rappuhn appears in court after being charged with…

Man who threw 2-year-old to death from 30-foot bridge after shooting mom admits to both killings

Brynnen Murphy being escorted by police in March 2022 (Baton Rouge Police…

‘Muzzling the Executive’: Trump admin says order targeting Hillary Clinton-linked law firm is ‘straightforwardly legal’ in seeking dismissal of lawsuit

Left: President Donald Trump addresses a joint session of Congress on Capitol…

Police Search Neighborhood for Florida Woman Missing Since Last Year

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) in Florida searched a Lantana…