Bryan Kohberger: Judge Nixes Attempt to Dismiss Grand Jury Indictment, Will Review DNA Evidence in Private Before Ruling

Bryan Kohberger’s defense plans to provide testimony from a cell phone tracking expert to prove the suspected murder’s alibi for the night four University of Idaho students were brutally stabbed to death in their off-campus housing.

Judge John Judge had previously given public defender Anne Taylor until Wednesday to file a notice she intended to use an alibi. Last summer, the defense said that Kohberger was out driving alone the night of the murders, an “alibi” both the judge previously said was “not really an alibi,” as CrimeOnline reported.

That day arrived, and Taylor filed the notice, which also said that “additional information” would come from discovery the defense has requested from prosecutors — or her expert’s testimony would “reveal that critical exculpatory evidence, further corroborating Mr. Kohberger’s alibi, was either not preserved or has been withheld.”

041724 Notice Defendants Supplemental Response States AD by kc wildmoon on Scribd

Taylor’s expert, Sy Ray, is an Arizona rancher who founded ZetX Corporation, which provides tools for analytical mapping and is now owned by LexisNexis. Ray, a former police officer in Arizona, continued to work for LexisNexis for two years and now works for Burning Mountain Productions, DBA Socialite Crime Club.

Taylor opened her notice to supply an alibi by explaining that Kohberger, “an avid runner and hiker,” spent considerable time exploring the area around Pullman, Washington, where he moved for graduate school in June 2022. Once school started, she said, his activities decreased, but “his nighttime drives increased.”

“This is supported by data from Mr. Kohberger’s phone showing him in the countryside late at night and/or in the early morning on several occasions,” the filing says. “The phone data includes numerous photographs taken on several different late evenings and early mornings, including in November, depicting the night sky.”

Prosecutors have said that Kohberger’s phone was turned off for much of the night of November 13, 2022, when Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, and Kaylee Goncalves were murdered.

You May Also Like

EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Grace Obtains Video of Suspect Allegedly Transporting Miranda Corsette’s Body

Nancy Grace has exclusively obtained video footage from a neighbor showing suspect…

Florida House Approves Draconian Restrictions on Citizen-Led Constitutional Amendments

A petition drive at the Government Services Building today to legalize recreational…

7-year-old boy eating McDonald’s Happy Meal shot in the head by stray bullet, cops say

Inset: Anthony, 7 (KHOU/YouTube via victim’s family). Background: Apartment on Northborough Drive…

‘I gotta finish the beef’: Teen celebrates newly committed murder with YouTube ‘head shot’ rap video, cops say

Left inset: Murder suspect Cameron Kizer Jr. (Allen County Sheriff’s Department). Right…