BREAKING: 9-year-old Charlotte Sena FOUND SAFE, Suspect in Custody

Charlotte Sena, a 9-year-old New York girl who vanished Saturday at New York’s Moreau Lake State Park, has been found safe.

According to Major Dennis J. Schager with the New York State Police, Charlotte “has been located and in good health.” Police have a suspect in custody.

“On October 2, 2023, through the course of the investigation, State Police identified an individual as being in the area of the Moreau Lake State Park around the time Charlotte went missing,” Schager stated in a press statement.

“Further investigation led to the search of multiple residences where the individual is known to reside. Upon the search of those residences, at approximately 6:32 p.m. on October 2, 2023, State Police located Charlotte Sena safe and in good health.  The suspect was taken into custody.”

The Times-Union reports that multiple law enforcement told the outlet that the suspect is a 51-year-old man with a history of criminal sexual abuse, including “plying young boys with drugs and engaging in sex acts with them.”

He reportedly left a note at the victim’s home, possibly demanding a ransom for Charlotte’s return. Police raided a home off Barrett Road in Milton on Monday evening, about 13 miles from Charlotte’s home in Porters Corners.

An investigator told the Union that police were theorizing that someone possibly dragged the victim into the woods or forced her into a vehicle. The Union has not named a suspect, pending an official arrest, but reports that he has ties to Warren County’s Glens Falls area.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Charlotte was at the park for a weekend camping trip with family and friends, and headed off for a last bike ride around a loop road at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday night. She never returned.

Her parents and others in the camping area began searching for her and found her abandoned bike at about 6:45 p.m. The FBI joined in on the search Monday morning, calling the disappearance “fluid,” as fears begin to mount of a possible abduction.

“This investigation is a culmination of multiple agencies working together for the common goal of bringing this child home to her loving family,” Schager added. “We cannot emphasize enough how appreciative we are for the support we received from Charlotte’s community, friends and family.”

“This is still an active investigation. More details will be shared as they become available. In addition a press briefing will be planned for tomorrow October 3, 2023.  The location and time will be published to the newsroom as soon as it becomes available.”

The story is developing. Check back for updates.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s){if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;
n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window,
document,’script’,’
fbq(‘init’, ‘249856382045099’);
fbq(‘track’, “PageView”);

You May Also Like

Matanzas High School Student Lands a Punch on Deputy Breaking Up a Fight

A Matanzas High School student was arrested after striking a sheriff’s deputy…