An abducted girl has allegedly killed her kidnapper’s mother with a rock while US Marshals were trying to rescue her.
Kaitlyn Coones, 17, from Cleveland, Ohio, is accused of murdering Nicole Jones, 53, days after she was snatched by the victim’s pedophile son Jonathan Jones, 33.
She was said to have given Jones an ultimatum of five hours to kill his mother himself, before brutally slaying her herself on April 11.
The fugitives then fled across the US southern border, sparking an urgent manhunt by the US Marshals.
The pair were tracked into Mexico before finally being found in Ahumada, Chihuahua, nearly a month later in May.

Coones, 17, is alleged to have used a rock to bludgeon Nicole Jones to death

In August, Jones, 33, was charged with aggravated murder, murder, felonious assault, aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse

Nicole Jones, 53, was bludgeoned to death with a rock and strangled in the kitchen of her home
Although still 17, Coones is being treated as an adult as has been charged with aggravated murder, murder, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse.
Coones is said to have been picked up at a restaurant by Jonathan Jones who drove her back to the home he shared with his mother, Nicole.
Coones crawled in through Jones’ bedroom window in order to hide from his mother who, 16 years her senior, disapproved of her son having anything to do with the 17-year-old.
Prosecutors allege Coones gave Jonathan an ultimatum to kill his mother because she felt she was interfering in their ‘relationship’.
Coones told him that he had five hours to carry out the killing when he failed to do so, even after giving him an extra hour, decide to take it upon herself.
‘Kaitlyn had told Jonathan, that they needed to do something about his mother because she was preventing them from being together and she gave him five hours to do something about her, and at one point in the interview, she even mentioned to killing her,’ said Detective Albright with Sylvania Township in court on Friday.

Kaitlyn Coones, 17, allegedly killed the Ohio mother of her convicted pedophile kidnapper

Jonathan Jones lived at home with his mother Nicole at this house in Sylvania Township, Ohio
Prosecutors say Coones became so frustrated with Jonathan Jones’ inaction that she carried out the cold blooded murder.
Read Related Also: Serial Killer NICU Nurse Says She Watched as 1-Pound Baby ‘Self-Corrected’ After Allegedly Displacing Breathing Tube
‘She went outside retrieved a rock and when Nicole Jones was standing in front of the refrigerator in the kitchen, unaware of Kaitlyn’s presence bludgeoned Nicole Jones a number of times and strangled her,’ said Lucas County Prosecutor Andy Lastra.
Jonathan Jones was allegedly sitting in the living room at the time while the brutal act was carried out.
The pair then headed to a couple of local stores in Jones’ car where they purchased tarp and trash bags in order to wrap the body and clean up the bloody scene in the kitchen.
Nicole’s body was placed in Jones’ car which was driven to a nearby apartment complex and tossed into a dumpster that was ultimately taken to landfill.
Police say it is unlikely the body of Nicole Jones will ever be found.

Jonathan Jones was allegedly in the living room at the time while the brutal act was carried out

Coones attorney, said that the teenager was a victim of Jonathan Jones who was not supposed to have had any contact with her

In an interview with the FBI, Coones provided detailed statements and admitted to the killing of Nicole Jones. She is pictured in court on Friday
The two suspects quickly headed south and drove across the border to Mexico, where they were eventually arrested.
In court on Friday, prosecutors said Canton Police had contacted Sylvania Township Police in May in oder to check in on the welfare of Nicole Jones.
It came after they received word from a foster home where Coones had been living that the teen had texted a nurse saying she had killed two people and was on the run.
They told police a 17-year-old foster child in the custody of Stark County Children Services who was living at a group home was missing.
They said the teen, Coones, allegedly sent a text message to a group home nurse saying she killed two people and that she was on the run.
In an interview with the FBI, Coones provided detailed statements and admitted to the killing of Nicole Jones.
Her details of where the body had been dumped matched GPS information that was tracked to Jonathan Jones phone and watch.
Coones attorney, Ann Baronas, said that the teenage was a victim of Jonathan Jones who was not supposed to have had any contact with her.