Victorian Police have made a breakthrough in the drive-by shooting of a father-to-be in Melbourne’s southeast earlier this year, with a man charged with murder.
Homicide detectives on Friday charged a 21-year-old Cranbourne North man with murder over his alleged role in the killing of Aaron Toth who was found with a gunshot wounds in a vehicle at Hampton Park early on April 27.
Mr Toth died at the scene, sparking an outpouring of grief from his friends and family, as well as a police manhunt.
The man has been charged with a string of charges relating to separate incidents including attempted murder and conspiracy to commit kidnap.

Aaron Toth was killed in a drive by shooting in Hampton Park in April this year. Source: Facebook
He is expected to appear before Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
Police earlier this year described the incident as a suspected targeted shooting.
Police were told a Ford Ranger ute was seen driving from the scene and was found burnt-out in Berkwick later that morning.

Homicide detectives on Friday charged a 21-year-old Cranbourne North man with murder over his alleged role in the killing of Aaron Toth who was found with a gunshot wounds in a vehicle at Hampton Park early on April 27

Police earlier this year described the incident as a suspected targeted shooting, with a Ford Ranger ute seen driving from the scene which was later found burnt-out in Berkwick
At the time, his friend Sammy Adams said he was travelling to Melbourne after news of his ‘best mate’s’ death.
‘I’m on my way to Melbourne now, a day too late for a catch up we will never have,’ he said,
‘I’ll never be able to tell you how much I love you as a mate for all you have done for me.
‘I’m so upset and f***ed up by your death … My deepest sympathy and condolences to all of your family.’