Probe into mob beating and death of 17-year-old in Las Vegas ‘far from over’ as police reveal murder charges for 8 teens

A ninth juvenile suspect was arrested in the fatal beating of a 17-year-old boy whose family said he was defending someone being bullied outside a Las Vegas high school as detectives sought help to identify an additional “person of interest” in the case.

The juvenile was arrested and booked into the Clark County Juvenile Hall for open murder, police said in a news release. Officers did not give a name.

The individual being sought was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and khaki pants, they said.

Earlier this month, Law&Crime reported eight teenagers — ages 13 to 17 — had been arrested and charged with murder in the death of Jonathan Lewis, whose vicious beating by a mob of students on Nov. 1 was captured on video that an officer called extremely disturbing.

You May Also Like

Teacher hired high school student to kill her husband, provided ‘down payment’ and details on when kids would be out of the house: Police

Inset: Stephanie Demetrius (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Academy for Urban…

‘This is diabolical’: Woman plows into biking dad, then makes ‘rest in peace’ post and shares victim’s daughter’s pleas to find the killer, police say

Background: Haley Layman being arrested Tuesday, April 1, 2025 (Grundy County Sheriff’s…

How Tariffs Wreck Trust in the United States

President Donald Trump unveiled a sweeping new tariff plan on April 2,…

EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Grace Obtains Video of Suspect Allegedly Transporting Miranda Corsette’s Body

Nancy Grace has exclusively obtained video footage from a neighbor showing suspect…