LITTLE People, Big World star Caryn Chandler’s son, Connor, has been accused of erratic and unsafe behavior around his son, 2, as his ex-girlfriend Ashley Washam made the claims in custody court papers.
Ashley filed for sole custody of their son Liam, 2, on November 16, 2022, after their split and requested Connor, 24, get supervised visitation.
Connor is pursuing joint legal custody of their son.
The U.S. Sun has exclusively obtained Ashley’s Hearing Memorandum filed one day before their January 9 trial.
In the court papers, Ashley claimed she has Liam “at all times” and “has done so since his birth.”
Connor has parenting time with Liam “nearly every time Father wants as long as the parenting time is supervised by his father.”
The court papers read: “Father rarely will take Liam for parenting time because he refuses to have his parenting time supervised by his father (or anybody else) although he has allowed his father to supervise his parenting time on several occasions.
“It just depends on what Father wants or how he feels at the time as to whether he will allow his father to supervise his parenting time with Liam.”
Ashley claims even though Connor has lived with Ashley since August 2023, he is “unaware of Liam’s daily routine.”
She claimed he attended all of Liam’s medical appointments the first nine months of his life, but “has expressed little interest in attending them since then.”
In the court papers, Ashley accused him of “erratic and unsafe” behavior.
The docs claimed: “His behavior frightens Mother and she will take all reasonable precautions to assure that Liam is protected while in Father’s presence.
“Mother wants Father and Liam to have a good relationship, but her first priority is to make sure that Liam is safe.”
The court filing continues to claim that a year before they separated, Connor allegedly told Ashley he would take Liam from her if she left or threatened to leave him.
Ashley alleged of one incident: “On one such occasion, when Liam was approximately four months old, Father threatened to take Liam and not come back. He was yelling at Mother at the top of his lungs while holding Liam and shooting a video.”
Ashley admitted she “lost her composure” and “hit Father twice while he had Liam in his arms on Mother’s bed.”
She claimed she “filed several police reports against Father during the year that he lived with her,” but no arrests took place.
She said of a second incident: “On one occasion, he took a bunch of Mother’s personal items and told Mother that she had to take Liam out to his car in order to get them back. When Mother took Liam to put him in Father’s car, Father sped off down the road with Mother and Liam in the vehicle.
“He swerved at high speeds while Liam was screaming in the back seat.”
‘YELLS AND SCREAMS’
On another occasion, she claimed Connor left her and Liam stranded on the side of the road.
She also mentioned an alleged incident where Connor “hit her on the elbow with his phone in front of Liam, which caused Liam to cry.”
Ashley continued to claim in the filing: “Father has locked Mother out of the car on the side of the road while Liam remained in his car seat. Father has screamed at Mother on multiple occasions for her and Liam to get out of the car. This happened mostly when Liam was 2-9 months old.
“Mother breastfed Liam for fourteen months. When Liam was around 2-6 months old, Father would throw things at Mother and scream at her while she was breastfeeding.
“Throughout the history of this case, Father constantly yells and screams around Liam until Father gets his way.
“Father cannot stay calm if he is mad and he knows that he has anger issues. When Father gets angry, he does not care who is around. He will break things, scream and yell and try to control the situation until everyone feels powerless.
“Father has narcissistic gaslighting behaviors.”
LEGAL TROUBLE
Ashley then brought up the harassment charge filed by his mother Caryn.
As The U.S. Sun previously reported, Connor was charged with two counts of harassment against the Little People, Big World star in January 2020.
Then in May of that year, he received two additional charges of “attempted use of physical force or the threatened use of a deadly weapon” and “did unlawfully and intentionally damage property, the property of Caryn Chandler.”
He pleaded not guilty to all at the time the charges were filed.
Connor later pleaded guilty to misdemeanor criminal mischief on the day of his scheduled trial.
The other three charges were dropped.
Connor received 18 months of bench probation.
Also in the custody court papers, Ashley mentioned his addiction struggles with Xanax, which Connor has been open about.
Ashley then revealed Connor is $5,000 behind in child support, as he was ordered to pay $799 a month.
CUSTODY PLAN
Ashley also provided a proposed custody and parenting plan.
She is requesting sole legal custody of Liam with decision-making regarding medical, educational, religious and extra-curricular activities.
She will consult with Father to get his input regarding any major decision.
However, if they disagree, she will make the final decision.
As for parenting time, she is requesting for three months after the entry of judgment, Connor will have supervised visitation with Liam once a week for three hours.
She is requesting he enroll in and participate in regular therapy, and for their communication to take place over a court app.
If this plan goes well, Connor could have unsupervised visitation with Liam for one day every other weekend from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Connor could then move to step three, which would involve parenting time with Liam for two days every other weekend from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Step four would include parenting time with Liam for two days every other weekend from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, with one of the days overnight until 10:00 am the next day.
The final step would be parenting time with Liam every other weekend from 5:00 pm on Friday until Sunday at 5:00 pm.
Connor has not responded to the filing and a judge has not ruled on Ashley’s proposed parenting plan.
Connor has not responded to The U.S. Sun’s request for comment.
Connor has not responded to Ashley’s Hearing Memorandum.
CUSTODY WAR
As The U.S. Sun first reported, Ashley filed for sole custody on November 16, 2022.
She alleged in her request: “I am requesting supervised parenting time due to his recent threats against Liam and I, and previous threats in the past.”
‘I WANT HIM TO KNOW ME’
In Connor’s response to her initial petition filed on December 15, 2022, he wrote: “I deny that the petitioner receives sole custody. I request joint custody. I deny that any supervision is supervised.
“I deny the child support amount be finalized until a joint custody plan is ordered by the court.”
Connor continued: “I request 50/50 custody of my son. I want him to intimately grow up w/ and know his father.”
Regarding her claims, he responded: “I agree to pursue treatment for this so I can develop a healthy relationship w/ my son.”
The parties attended mediation on April 14, 2023, but no agreement was reached.
CHILD SUPPORT
On June 6, 2023, the Oregon Division of Child Support filed a judgment against Connor requesting child support for Liam, according to Oregon courts.
He had been ordered to pay $799 a month and $4,794.00 in back child support.
‘A LOT OF TEARS’
Connor previously opened up to The U.S. Sun about their custody battle in a August 2023 interview.
When asked how long he wasn’t allowed to see Liam, he told The U.S. Sun: “Six months, that was really hard, you know, a lot of staying up late at night, a lot of tears, and a lot of confusion.
“It was really hard on my mental health. Through my past addiction, one big thing now that I’m clean and I’ve been clean is working on feeling better mentally, and physically.
“So going through that was a struggle for me and I just had to really focus on like how to be okay. And it was probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever been through.”
BABY JOY
Connor revealed to The U.S. Sun that he and his girlfriend were expecting their first child together in April 2021.
He said: “Ashley is currently 18 weeks pregnant and moving along well, she’s happy and healthy.
“I was speechless when we found out and started crying, it was a very emotional day.
“I’m so excited, I’ve always wanted to be a dad. We’ve been living together eight months now in Portland and we’re just so pleased to be settled and starting a family.”
DRUG BATTLE
He previously told The U.S. Sun of his substance abuse battle in September 2021 interview: “I was just another kid that partied in high school and one day after a party I had some Xanax left over, I took it.
“[I] realized how I felt and it kinda just snowballed from there. I didn’t want to stop, I didn’t see a reason to stop because I was high 24/7 off it.
“I thought everyone was [the] enemy so I denied any help offered which just led to my addiction taking away everything important I had in my life.
“Rehab never helped, I ended up getting clean after I turned 18 and on my own, once I was off probation. It just happened, one day I was done, tired of living that life.
“I have friends that aren’t here anymore because of pills, and I know it could have been different if they had gotten the right help the first time.”
Connor continued: “I’m glad it happened when I was a kid, that’s what I can say, I was able to really learn before I truly started my future. I’m a good kid.
“I don’t steal, I don’t do drugs. I have good relationships with my family and friends, I go out on the weekend and work during the week like every other person.”
Caryn is currently engaged to Little People, Big World star Matt Roloff.