A US superstar is set to ‘headline Glastonbury’ for the first time ever – and they’re planning a huge London residency.
The singer, 37, hasn’t performed live for more than a year and her last studio album was released almost a decade ago.
3
3
3
But insiders have revealed Rihanna will take to the stage at Glastonbury this year and the good news for UK fans doesn’t end there.
A source told The Telegraph that the timing of the famous festival at Worthy Farm in Somerset is perfect for the Work hitmaker.
Rihanna’s last tour took place in 2016 but insiders have revealed she’s planning six shows at London Stadium in July, with the string of concerts set to kick off five days after Glastonbury.
The publication reports an announcement for the gigs could come as early as next week.
Sir Rod Stewart has been confirmed to play the Sunday afternoon Legends slot later this year and The Sun recently revealed he’ll be joined on stage by pal Ronnie Wood.
In 2023 Rihanna performed an incredible set at the Super Bowl, during which she belted out hits including Rude Boy and We Found Love.
News of Rihanna’s rumoured return to the stage comes after her boyfriend – and the father of her two children – A$AP Rocky was found not guilty of a gun assault last week, sparing him from a potentially decades-long prison stretch.
The Sun later revealed that the couple are now planning to tie the knot as they focus on the future.
A source said: “Without doubt she was petrified that it could have gone the other way, with him winding up in jail
“And as unthinkable as that scenario may have been, it remained a horrific possibility that played on her mind right until the moment he was cleared.
“Right now they’re basking in the relief and looking forward to a new chapter, which will almost certainly include a wedding.”