Tom Selleck Might Have to Sell His 63-Acre Ranch After ‘Blue Bloods’ Ends

Tom Selleck is making plans for life after Blue Bloods

The Magnum P.I. star says that with the long-running CBS drama coming to an end this year, he’s considering reviving his Jesse Stone character, whom he last portrayed nearly 10 years ago.

Tom Selleck says it would be ‘fascinating’ to revisit the ‘Jesse Stone’ series 

Blue Bloods is not the first time Selleck, 79, has taken on the role of top cop. Starting in 2005, he played small-town police chief Jesse Stone in a series of movies for CBS and Hallmark Channel. 

Nine Jesse Stone movies aired between 2005 and 2015. In addition to starring as the title character, Selleck co-wrote several of the scripts. (The movies are based on a series of detective novels by Robert B. Parker.) Now, he says, he’s considering picking up his pen again for another movie in the series. 

“It looks like now I might have to write [a script for another movie],” Selleck said in a recent interview with TV Insider. “It wouldn’t be a final one because everybody loves it. Jesse is a great character, and it would be fascinating to find out where he is quite a few years later.” 

But the Emmy nominee isn’t rushing into his next project. 

“But I need to regroup; I don’t know what’s next, but assuming the phone doesn’t stop ringing, I’m going to keep working,” he added. 

Tom Selleck says he hopes to keep working 

In previous interviews, Selleck has hinted that he intends to keep working for financial reasons. The actor owns a sprawling 63-acre ranch in Ventura County, outside of LA. 

“You know, hopefully, I keep working enough to hold onto the place,” he said in a May 2024 interview with CBS Sunday Morning. 

When the reporter expressed shock that Selleck might have money concerns, he confirmed it was true.  

“That’s always an issue,” he replied. “If I stopped working, yeah. Am I set for life? Yeah, but maybe not on a 63-acre ranch!”

But mostly, he just wants to keep busy. 

“Hopefully, work,” he said when asked what he saw in his future. “As an actor, you never lose — I don’t lose, anyway — that sense that every time I finish a job, it’s my last job.”

As he looks forward to what’s next, Selleck is also grappling with the end of Blue Bloods. He told TV Insider he was “frustrated” by the network’s decision to cancel the show, which he said CBS took for granted. 

“It’s going to take a long time to sort all of this out,” he said. “I remember after the weekend [of the final episode’s shoot], I said, ‘I’ve got to get to bed early tonight because I have to do my dialogue for Monday.’ Well, there was no Monday. It’s just going to take a while.”

Blue Bloods Season 14 returns Oct. 18 on CBS. The Jesse Stone movies are available to stream on Prime Video. 

For more on the entertainment world and exclusive interviews, subscribe to Showbiz Cheat Sheet’s YouTube channel.

You May Also Like

Elton John reveals he ‘can’t watch TV, read or see his sons playing sports’ in heartbreaking health update

ELTON John has revealed the “distressing” impact of his battle with blindness…

Nepo-baby with Emmy-winning mom and Hollywood director dad poses with Gerard Butler – can you guess her famous parents?

A NEPO baby with an Emmy-winning mom and Hollywood director dad has…

King Charles Is In ‘Uncharted Waters’ As Camilla Parker Bowles Worries About Him

Royal family King Charles was diagnosed with cancer last year, and he’s…

How Ice Spice’s Rumored NFL Star Boyfriend Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner Got His Nickname?

Rapper Ice Spice and New York Jets cornerback Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner sent…