Sarah Ferguson breaks her silence on King Charles III’s coronation snub

Sarah Ferguson understands she was left off the guest list for King Charles III’s coronation because she gave up her right to attend royal events when she divorced Prince Andrew.

“You can’t have it both ways. You mustn’t sit on the fence. You’re either in or out, but don’t muck around,” the Duchess of York said on “Good Morning Britain” Thursday.

The Duchess of York furthered that she is “not actually” offended by the coronation snub and is enjoying divorced life and building a new career as a writer.

“I am divorced and I’m really loving being divorced to my ex-husband, not from my ex-husband, it’s quite a differentiate, and also getting out there as a new novelist,” the “Her Heart for a Compass” author said.

Sarah Ferguson on ITV's "Good Morning Britain."
Sarah Ferguson thinks it’s only right that she wasn’t invited to King Charles III’s coronation.
ITV
Sarah Ferguson on "Good Morning Britain."
“You can’t have it both ways. You mustn’t sit on the fence. You’re either in or out, but don’t muck around,” she said on ITV’s “Good Morning Britain.”
ITV

Ferguson shared that she is still quite close with both Charles, 74, and Queen Camilla, 75, and that she will still be celebrating the historical occasion.

“Just because I’m not there on the state occasion…in private I can be there and that’s a lovely feeling to be part of the family. It really is,” she said.

Ferguson praised the King and Queen, saying that they have done an “exceptional job at unifying the family.”

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.
She and Prince Andrew ended their four-year marriage in 1992.
UK Press via Getty Images

Last Week, Page Six confirmed that Charles did not invite the ex-wife of Prince Andrew to his coronation.

Ferguson had already expressed her suspicions that she would not be welcome at the ceremony, however, she didn’t seem to take offense.

“I personally will be having a little tea room and coronation chicken sandwich and putting out the bunting,” she said on ITV’s “Loose Women” earlier this month.

King Charles III on a throne.
Ferguson said she is still very close with Charles.
POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Ferguson separated from the Duke of York, 63, in 1992 after six years of marriage, and they finalized their divorce four years later.

The exes share two daughters — Princess Beatrice, 34, and Princess Eugenie, 33 — both of whom are expected to attend their uncle’s coronation.

Meanwhile, Page Six also confirmed that the embattled Andrew will be at his brother’s coronation — despite his ties to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein — though it’s unclear if he will have an official role on the big day.

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie with Sarah Ferguson.
Ferguson and Andrew’s two daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, will be at the coronation.
David M. Benett

Andrew was notoriously stripped of his royal and military honors in 2022 by his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II, and can no longer use the title His Royal Highness.

He did, however, attend and participate in the funeral for the Queen, who died at the age of 96 on Sept. 8, 2022. Andrew was known to be the late monarch’s “favorite son.”

Page Six also confirmed that Charles’ other siblings, Princess Anne, 72, and Prince Edward, 59, will be at the coronation as well.

Sarah Ferguson with King Charles III in a throwback photo.
Ferguson was friends with Charles during her marriage to Andrew.
Tim Graham Photo Library via Getty Images

Ferguson has been left off the royal invite list in the past and was famously not welcome at 40-year-old Prince William’s wedding to Kate Middleton, 41, in 2011.

“I didn’t think I was probably worthy to go to their wedding,” she told Town & Country in 2021 of not being invited to the royal wedding. “I took myself to Thailand, actually, to be far away from it so that I could try and heal.”

Sarah Ferguson on a red carpet.
Fergie said she is enjoying divorced life and focusing on her career writing novels.
WireImage
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson in 2019.
Andrew will be attending the coronation.
Getty Images

However, she was extended an invitation to Prince Harry, 38, and Meghan Markle’s wedding in 2018.

Harry, for his part, will be attending his father’s coronation without his 41-year-old wife, who will be staying home in California with their kids: Prince Archie, 3, and Princess Lilibet, 1.

Charles and Camilla will be coronated at Westminster Abbey in London on May 6.

You May Also Like

Mark Wright says he’s ‘in his dad era’ as he shares adorable photos with baby Palma on trip away with Michelle Keegan

MARK Wright has said he’s ‘in his dad era’ as he enjoyed…

Celebrity Big Brother’s Chesney Hawkes reveals he turned down recording with HUGE music star for boyband A1

CHESNEY HAWKES is back with a bang today – more than a…

Stephen Bear’s former fiancee reveals she’s in labour with first baby as she shares very glam hospital snap

STEPHEN Bear’s ex-fiance Jessica Smith has revealed she is in labour ahead…

Jennifer Love Hewitt Celebrates ‘9-1-1’ Renewal News: ‘So Excited, So Grateful’ 

TV ABC has renewed first responder drama ‘9-1-1’ for a ninth season,…