Prince Harry will attend King Charles III’s coronation — without Meghan Markle

Prince Harry is confirmed to attend King Charles III’s coronation after weeks of tense speculation.

However, Meghan Markle will not join him.

“Buckingham Palace is pleased to confirm that the Duke of Sussex will attend the coronation service at Westminster Abbey on May 6,” a palace spokesperson tells Page Six.

“The Duchess of Sussex will remain in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.”

This will be Harry’s first reunion with members of the royal family since the January release of his blockbuster memoir, “Spare.”

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle
The pair announced their decision after weeks of speculation over whether they would go.
Kirsty O’Connor/PA Images/Alamy Images/Sipa USA
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle standing with his dad King Charles and his wife, Queen Camilla.
The royal family has been at odds ever since Harry released his bombshell memoir earlier this year.
Chris Jackson/Getty Images

As Page Six revealed, the decision was made after Harry sent over a laundry list of questions to Buckingham Palace, including where he would sit and what security would be provided.


For more on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal romance…


It’s believed Harry will stay at Frogmore Cottage, his Windsor home, for the very last time, as Charles has asked him and Markle to move out.

This means palace officials will be able to breathe a breath of fresh air after a difficult few months.

King Charles, Queen Consort Camilla
Charles and Queen Camilla will be crowned at Westminster Abbey on May 6.
BUCKINGHAM PALACE/AFP via Getty Images

Harry, 38, made a series of damning claims about his father, his brother, Prince William, and his sister-in-law, Kate Middleton, in his book.

Just a few of the claims include saying that Charles had been a distant parent and revealing an alleged physical fight with William, as well as claiming it was William and Kate who persuaded him to wear his now-infamous Nazi party costume.

Harry, who quit royal life with Markle for a new life in California in March 2020, has said he expected an apology from his family.

While Harry is not believed to have spoken to his father and brother, it has already been made clear that he will not be allowed to stand on the palace balcony next to the king and Queen Camilla because he is no longer a working royal.

King Charles III's coronation invitation
It’s still unclear where Harry will be seated during the coronation.
BUCKINGHAM PALACE/AFP via Getty Images
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton
Harry will not be joining the king and queen on the balcony, as only working family members are allowed to stand up there.
Getty Images

The monarch will be joined by a select few who show the “heartbeat and future of his family” and who have dedicated their lives to public service.

Charles and Camilla, 75, will arrive at Buckingham Palace from Westminster Abbey in a Gold State coach, followed by family.

At Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral in September 2022, Harry and Markle were relegated to the second row at the service, also at Westminster Abbey.

You May Also Like

Mark Wright says he’s ‘in his dad era’ as he shares adorable photos with baby Palma on trip away with Michelle Keegan

MARK Wright has said he’s ‘in his dad era’ as he enjoyed…

Celebrity Big Brother’s Chesney Hawkes reveals he turned down recording with HUGE music star for boyband A1

CHESNEY HAWKES is back with a bang today – more than a…

Jennifer Love Hewitt Celebrates ‘9-1-1’ Renewal News: ‘So Excited, So Grateful’ 

TV ABC has renewed first responder drama ‘9-1-1’ for a ninth season,…