Nineties legends announce new farewell tour dates a year after frontman damaged his vocal cords

AN ICONIC nineties group has announced more farewell tour dates a year after they were forced to postpone the gigs.

Last year the rockers – who have sold more than 150 million records worldwide – shocked fans when they revealed plans for the Peace Out tour to start in September.

Steven damaged his vocal cords last year - forcing him to miss some farewell concerts

3

Steven damaged his vocal cords last year – forcing him to miss some farewell concertsCredit: FilmMagic
Aerosmith were later left with no choice but to postpone the entire tour

3

Aerosmith were later left with no choice but to postpone the entire tourCredit: Getty
In February Steven had a sexual assault claim made against him dismissed by a judge

3

In February Steven had a sexual assault claim made against him dismissed by a judgeCredit: Getty

But Aerosmith were left with no choice but to abandon the planned dates after frontman Steven Tyler damaged his vocal cords.

Initially the group cancelled just six shows but were later forced to postpone the entire tour when it was revealed 76-year-old Steven’s condition was worse than they’d initially thought.

“I’m heartbroken to say I have received strict doctor’s orders not to sing for the next thirty days,” Steven said in a statement at the time.

“I sustained vocal cord damage during Saturday’s show that led to subsequent bleeding.

However fans will be delighted to know Aerosmith will kick off the live shows again this September.

Previously, the band experienced a setback with their Las Vegas residency when Steven relapsed after his foot surgery and had to seek treatment.

On May 24, 2022, Aerosmith said on Twitter: “As many of you know, our beloved brother Steven has worked on his sobriety for many years.

“After foot surgery to prepare for the stage and the necessity of pain management during the process, he has recently relapsed and voluntarily entered a treatment program to concentrate on his health and recovery.

“We are devastated that we have inconvenienced so many of you, especially our most loyal fans who often travel great distances to experience our shows.”

In February Steven had a sexual assault claim from 1975 dismissed by a judge.

Aerosmith shocks fans by announcing world-wide farewell tour 50 years after iconic rock band’s first time on the road

Former model Jeanne Bellino claimed the rocker groped her twice in 1975 when he was 27 and she was 17.

She said Steven assaulted her in a Manhattan phone booth and later pinned her against a wall and simulated sex.

Steven “vehemently” denied the allegations.

US District Judge Lewis Caplan dismissed the civil lawsuit, saying Ms Bellino had waited too long to sue Steven.

You May Also Like

Amanda Holden looks incredible as she poses in backless figure-hugging red dress on holiday in Dubai

AMANDA Holden is pulling out all the stops while on holiday in…

Danny Dyer makes unlikely bid to join hit show – and it’s world’s away from EastEnders

DANNY Dyer is already planning his career move and has urged Channel…

Teddi Mellencamp Opens Up About Stage IV Melanoma Treatment: What Is Immunotherapy?

Teddi Mellencamp has shared a sobering update on her health.  On April…

Huge UK rock band play final ever gig after 20 years together – leaving fans devastated

A BRIT rock band has left fans devastated after playing their final-ever…