New Diet Coke advert will leave fans disappointed despite signing Hollywood hunk Jamie Dornan

I TOLD you in July Jamie Dornan had been signed up as the new Diet Coke man and filmed his scenes at a London lido.

Unashamedly, I hoped the actor would be taking the ads back to their glory days – like in 1995 when total hunk Lucky Vanous got his kit off.

Jamie Dornan filmed his scenes at a London lido - but sadly was wearing a wetsuit

4

Jamie Dornan filmed his scenes at a London lido – but sadly was wearing a wetsuitCredit: Ross Ferguson

But sadly, Diet Coke has confirmed my tale and Jamie is wearing a wetsuit while riding a blow-up unicorn.

Sexy? Absolutely bloody not.

Don’t get me wrong, Jamie is as talented as he is handsome, and one of the best drama actors I have ever watched on screen.

So why sign him up to float around a lido dressed like he is going off to do some deep-sea diving?

READ MORE ON JAMIE DORNAN

Nothing makes me want to drink a cold can of Diet Coke less than seeing it being served up by a man riding an inflatable that my nephews would covet.

Diet Coke bosses said Jamie’s ad campaign would also “shine a spotlight on fans and encourage them to proudly take ownership of their unique tastes, personal interests and own their Diet Coke break moment”.

Jamie said: “I’m really pleased to join the Diet Coke family. The ‘This Is My Taste’ campaign resonated with me instantly as it reminds us all to take moments for ourselves to do whatever makes us happy.

“Especially if that includes taking a break in your day to drink a Diet Coke while lounging on a unicorn floatie.” A floatie? Get in the bin.

The company dropped its male pin-ups in 2015 because the notion of the Diet Coke man “didn’t represent the values of modern, confident women”.

Well I am one of them. And this campaign doesn’t represent me.

Jamie Dornan sports a big bushy beard in series two of The Tourist

First-class Post is potty mouth

Post Malone let his mouth run wild during his gig in Utah

4

Post Malone let his mouth run wild during his gig in UtahCredit: Getty

THIS is the smile of a man who knows he has done a very good job.

And Post Malone sure has plenty to grin about after he kicked off his F-1Trillion Tour in Utah.

The I Had Some Help rapper kept things casual in a NFL sports T-shirt and grey jeans as he bounced about the stage.

His US tour runs until the end of the year and something tells me by the time he takes his final bow, a UK stint will have been announced.

Though fans with delicate ears should be aware. Post Malone should be called Potty Malone as concert-goers said he let his mouth run wild during the gig.

One fan posted on X: “The tour title might refer to the number of times the F-word was used during the show.”

The last time I saw Post live he had a cigarette break in the middle of the stage at London’s O2 Arena.

Zero f***s given.

Kendrick bowls up

KENDRICK LAMAR has been announced as next year’s Super Bowl half-time show performer.

The rapper, above, confirmed that he is the latest act to take to the world-famous stage and will belt out his biggest hits for American football fans.

Next year’s Super Bowl will take place at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on February 9.

Kendrick follows in the footsteps of this year’s headliner Usher and 2023 top act Rihanna.

He was absolutely incredible when he headlined Glastonbury two years ago.

So I can’t wait to see what he does for this one.

Si hails boyband success

Music mogul Simon Cowell says his new Netflix boyband hunt has been a success

4

Music mogul Simon Cowell says his new Netflix boyband hunt has been a successCredit: The Mega Agency

SIMON COWELL has come out swinging after claims his new Netflix boyband hunt had been binned.

The former X Factor mogul told me it’s been a success – and that he auditioned more than 1,000 lads keen to be guided by the man who created One Direction.

At the America’s Got Talent Quarter finals in Hollywood, he said of the speculation: “I was disappointed because when you do something, you put your heart into it and I really did put my heart into it.

“I was so nervous that first weekend and when I heard someone said no one turned up, I am like, ‘There were 250 people there’. And then after six days we saw 1,100 kids.

“I was frustrated because it was so nerve-wracking. I don’t want to jinx it, but we’ve found some very good people.”

Selena baby danger

SELENA GOMEZ has always been an open book when it comes to her life, and a new interview with Vanity Fair is just as honest.

The singer said she cannot carry children due to health problems and has spent time grieving.

Selena, above, said: “I have a lot of medical issues that would put my life and the baby’s in jeopardy.” She has the autoimmune disease lupus and added: “I thought it would happen the way it happens for everyone.

“I find it a blessing there are wonderful people willing to do surrogacy or adoption, which are both huge possibilities for me.”

Elton salute to Billie and co

Singer Elton John is a great supporter of female musicians

4

Singer Elton John is a great supporter of female musiciansCredit: Alamy

ELTON JOHN is a great supporter of female musicians – and is keen to work with them.

He said at the Toronto Film Festival, ahead of the screening of his new documentary Never Too Late: “I don’t have a problem with singing with Taylor Swift. She’s a great songwriter and a great artist.

“I’ve never seen a phenomenon like her since The Beatles. And she works her a**e off.”

Elton, added: “There are plenty of young singers around. It’s been a summer and a year of great female singers and songwriters with Chappell Roan, Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Charli XCX, Gracie Abrams and Taylor.

They just ruled it. And they’ve made records that are really good songs. I’m happy to sing with any of them.”

You May Also Like

Val Kilmer’s heartbreaking admission he was ‘lonely every day’ after split from wife Joanne Whalley amid health battle

VAL Kilmer spent the last 24 years of his life single despite…

Will Smith Once Shared How Doing ‘Ali’ Made Him Want to Do ‘Men in Black II

Will Smith hasn’t done another Men in Black movie since he admittedly…

Brett Gardner’s son Miller’s cause of death finally confirmed by toxicology results: report

Toxicology results have finally confirmed the cause of death of New York…

Leonardo DiCaprio makes subtle change to his appearance and looks years younger on Las Vegas trip

LEONARDO DiCaprio has made a subtle change to his appearance and looks…