Kevin Williamson: ‘There’s always room’ for Neve Campbell to return to ‘Scream’

“Scream” scribe Kevin Williamson says the “door is wide open” for Neve Campbell to return to the horror franchise.

“There’s always room for her to come back,” the screenwriter, 57, told Page Six exclusively at the “Scream VI” premiere in New York on Monday night. “You know, the door is wide open and if she ever wants to come play with us again, we’re here. [Neve] is a friend of mine. We stay in touch all the time.”

Last year, Campbell, 49, revealed that she had made the “very difficult decision” to nix an offer for the sixth film in the slasher franchise.

“Sadly, I won’t be making the next ‘Scream’ film,” she said in a statement to Page Six last June.

“As a woman, I have had to work extremely hard in my career to establish my value, especially when it comes to ‘Scream.’”

Kevin Williamson Neve Campbell and another woman posing for a photo together.
Kevin Williamson says “the door is open” for Neve Campbell to return to the “Scream” franchise.
Instagram/@kevwilliamson
A still of Neve Campbell on the phone in "Scream."
Campbell did not take part in the newest “Scream” movie because of a pay dispute.
©Dimension Films/Courtesy Everett Collection

Campbell, who played Sidney Prescott in the first five movies, explained that she believed the offer presented to her “did not equate to the value I have brought the franchise.”

Williamson isn’t the only “Scream” person who would love to see Campbell back.

Jenna Ortega, who plays Tara Carpenter in the current flick, is also bummed that the “Party of Five” alum isn’t in the latest installment.

Neve Campbell and David Arquette in "Scream."
Campbell played Sidney Prescott in the film franchise.
Everett Collection(SCREAM_Scream_ks_40_L)

“It was really unfortunate,” Ortega, 20, told Elle magazine. “Especially because Neve is the coolest, sweetest most talented lady. The franchise wouldn’t be what it is without her.”

Williamson, who wrote the first “Scream” script, shared that he’s slightly gobsmacked at the franchise’s success.


For more Page Six you love …


“I never saw it coming,” he revealed. “I actually was hoping that we could just sell it and I was just trying to get a job and it fell into [director] Wes Craven’s hands — and he made magic out of it and then we did it again and again.”

Also at the premiere were Courteney Cox, who made a rare red carpet appearance alongside her daughter Coco Arquette, and Ortega, who suffered a wardrobe mishap when she was photographed with a blue Sharpie stain on her couture outfit.

You May Also Like

Matthew McConaughey Thinks Season 1 of ‘True Detective’ Is Still the Best in the Anthology

Matthew McConaughey, like many other A-list actors, only did one season of…

Two of David and Victoria Beckham’s sons are feuding, not on speaking terms: report

David and Victoria Beckham’s sons Brooklyn and Romeo are reportedly not getting…

Huge nineties pop star reveals he’s been left infertile after devastating cancer battle

NINETIES pop star Lee Brennan has revealed the heartbreaking impact of his…

Mark Wright says he’s ‘in his dad era’ as he shares adorable photos with baby Palma on trip away with Michelle Keegan

MARK Wright has said he’s ‘in his dad era’ as he enjoyed…