Kanye West’s attorney claims rapper won’t speak to or pay him: report

An attorney representing Kanye West in an ongoing lawsuit is claiming the rapper is refusing to pay him – or even speak to him.

According to a new report from ABC 7, Brian Brumfield has requested to be relieved from representing West in his suit against an autograph dealer who accused the hitmaker of punching him.

Brumfield alleges in the docs that West terminated their working relationship on June 21.

“Defendant also will not speak to counsel and defendant refuses to pay counsel as well,” the documents allege, per ABC 7.

The hearing on Brumfield’s motion is scheduled for July 29.

Reps for Brumfield and West did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.

The original suit – filed on Jan. 10 by Justin Poplawski and his wife, Tiffany Marshall – accuses Ye of assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence regarding the alleged incident with Poplawski. Marshall further claims in the suit that she suffered a loss of consortium.

Poplawski, who claims he’s gotten West’s autograph before, allegedly stopped the rapper outside of the Soho Warehouse social club on South Santa Fe Avenue in downtown Los Angeles in January 2022. Per the suit, West allegedly struck Poplawski on the scene.

When Poplawski allegedly asked for an apology, he claims the “Good Life” artist told him, “Apology for what?” and proceeded to hit Poplawski several more times, which he claims resulted in injury.

He alleges the rapper acted out of aggression as a result of his tumultuous divorce proceedings from Kim Kardashian at the time.

The latest news comes shortly after West was named in another suit filed by a former Yeezy staffer earlier this month. The staffer alleges that the rapper’s new wife, Bianca Censori, sent NSFW materials to staff that were accessible to minors as they worked on the fashion designer’s latest endeavor: “Yeezy Porn.”

Censori adamantly denied the allegations in a statement submitted to Page Six by West’s former chief of staff Milo Yiannopoulos.

“I’ve been authorized by Bianca to stress that any allegation that she showed or caused to be shown any pornographic material to minors is offensive, disgusting, abhorrent and categorically and wholly false,” Yiannopoulos said in part in a statement on Monday, calling the allegations “the most tragic and thirsty lie imaginable.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Princess Diana’s Mom ‘Snapped’ at King Charles After Comment About Baby Prince Harry

King Charles III upset Princess Diana’s mother at Prince Harry’s christening. How?…

Dave Portnoy accuses Democrats of ‘trying to hijack democracy’ after Biden steps down: ‘What a f–king joke’

Dave Portnoy accused Democrats of “trying to hijack democracy” after President Joe…

Bikini-clad Bella Thorne slams Ozempic for setting ‘crazy beauty standards’ in Hollywood

Bella Thorne called out Ozempic for setting “crazy beauty standards” in Hollywood…

Kirstie Allsopp’s property developer partner Ben Andersen in row with neighbours over ‘illegal terrace’ at their new pub

A BITTER row has broken out between London residents and property TV…