Investigator Says Jane Doe Confessed Jay-Z Rape Accusation’s False

A private investigator for Jay-Z claims Jane Doe admitted to falsely accusing the rapper and Grammy winner of rape. The development comes as Jay-Z, 55, has separate lawsuits underway for extortion and malicious prosecution.  

Private investigator claims Doe told them Jay-Z never raped her

Doe accused Jay-Z and Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of a 2000 rape in a December 2024 lawsuit. Now, according to TMZ, the “Run This Town” rapper is revealing how he learned Doe allegedly lied about his involvement. 

In an affidavit filed on March 5, 2025, private investigator Charlotte Henderson claimed she met with the woman at her Alabama home. The meeting’s said to have happened on Feb. 21, 2025. During their conversation, Doe allegedly told Henderson that her lawyer, Tony Buzbee, “pushed” her to name Jay-Z in the lawsuit. 

In the documents it’s also claimed Doe said she told Buzbee Diddy had raped her. Furthermore, that she wanted to take legal action. However, it was allegedly the lawyer who “brought Jay-Z into it.” Doe said Buzbee “was the one that kind of pushed me towards going forward with him, with Jay-Z.” 

Henderson also noted in the court documents that Doe claimed she her counsel Jay-Z had been at the party in 2000 when the alleged rape took place, however he wasn’t involved. 

The investigator also claimed Doe said four times during their meeting that Jay-Z never sexually assaulted her. Asked if she’d sign an affidavit, Doe allegedly asked, “But how does this help me?”

Elsewhere in the documents, Henderson said she’s not conducting her investigation on behalf of Jay-Z or his attorneys. 

This development comes after Buzbee filed a civil suit, accusing Diddy and Jay-Z of sexually assaulting Doe. Doe later dismissed her lawsuit in February 2025, one week before the meeting with Henderson. 

Doe’s lawyer calls accusation ‘flat out false and made up’ 

Jay-Z, who has been accused of a 2000 rape, in 2024
Jay-Z | John Nacion/Getty Images

Commenting on the latest developments, Doe’s lawyer refuted the claims. “Each assertion is flat out false and made up,” Buzbee told the outlet. “Jane Doe called referring counsel, the Ava Law Group, and alleged she was assaulted by PDiddy and Jay Z before her case was EVER referred to our firm. That’s indisputable.” 

Buzbee also claimed they have documents showing Doe “signed up to be a client with them [Ava Law Group] long before her case was ever sent to my firm. In that form created by their firm […] it shows who she was making the assertions against.” 

“Those investigators likely didn’t know that the paper trail will demonstrably prove what they say to be false,” the lawyer added. “None of the actual documentation supports that false story that Jay Z’s team is trying to sell the public.”

How to get help: In the U.S., call the RAINN National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 to connect with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area.

You May Also Like

Nepo-baby with Emmy-winning mom and Hollywood director dad poses with Gerard Butler – can you guess her famous parents?

A NEPO baby with an Emmy-winning mom and Hollywood director dad has…

Pregnant Jesy Nelson reveals she has to use a wheelchair as she shares health update on twins from hospital

JESY Nelson has revealed she has to use a wheelchair as she…

Liam Gallagher hires fearsome US celebrity lawyer costing £1,000 an HOUR as star fights love child court case

OASIS star Liam Gallagher is forking out £1,000 an hour for a…

Elton John wows fans with ‘incredible’ Saturday Night Live performance amid health battle and losing his sight

SIR ELTON John appeared on Saturday Night Live to give an ‘incredible’…