Huge US rapper cancels UK tour and reveals he needs surgery after medical condition

US rapper Donald Glover has cancelled his UK tour and revealed that he needs to have surgery.

The 41-year-old, who is known as artist Childish Gambino, was due to arrive in the United Kingdom next month to perform his The New World Tour.

Childish Gambino has had to cancel his tour

2

Childish Gambino has had to cancel his tourCredit: Getty
The rapper needs surgery and time to recover

2

The rapper needs surgery and time to recoverCredit: Getty

However today he has taken to social media to share the devastating news.

He said: “After my show in New Orleans, I went to the hospital in Houston to make sure of an ailment that had become apparent.

“After being assessed, it became clear I would not perform that night, and after more tests, I could not perform the rest of the US tour in the time asked.

“As of now I have surgery scheduled and need time out to heal.”

He continued: “My path to recovery is something that I need to confront seriously.

“With that said, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the remainder of the North American tour and the UK and European dates.

“Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

“I want nothing more than to bring this show to the fans and perform.

“Until then, thanks for love, privacy and support.”

The New World Tour started on August 11 in Oklahoma and wrapped up in New Orleans on September 7th.

Mr & Mrs Smith star Donald Glover teases next Childish Gambino album after Today’s Hoda Kotb begs actor to spill secrets

Childish Gambino was due to perform in Lyon, France, on October 31st.

Followed by a number of other shows in Italy, Germany, Norway, Denmark and Belgium.

FAN HEART BREAK

Fans have taken to social media to share their heartbreak about the news.

One wrote on X: “As, Childish Gambino, should his health is the most important & wishing him a speedy recovery.”

“Childish Gambino cancelling all his remaining shows due to health reasons wasn’t on my 2024 bing card(wishing him a fast recovery tho),” another said.

A third chimed in: “NOOOOOO MY CHILDISH GAMBINO CONCERT.”

A fourth tweeted: “welp not seeing childish gambino this year anymore.”

CANCELLED DATES

These aren’t the first dates that have been cancelled on his tour.

Last month Childish Gambino abruptly cancelled a major tour date after admitting he was ‘really upset’.

He decided not to go through with his Mohegan Sun, Connecticut, show after disagreements with production.

“While creating THE NEW WORLD TOUR, the idea was to give fans a new experience. We use a lot of new technologies, and when doing so, technical difficulties can arise,” he wrote.

“Delivering a quality show that all of us @ GILGA can be proud of has remained paramount to us. A show I would be proud to bring to all the Childish Gambino fans across the world.”

“This has created some challenges in some settings. due to production issues, tonight’s Childish Gambino concert @ Mohegan Sun must be canceled.  Refunds will be issued at point of purchase,” Childish went on.

“Personally, I’m really upset by this. I just met some fans in the lobby and a father who drove out w/ his daughter’s bday and was trying to get a shoutout (happy birthday btw). The team is coming up w/ a way to make it up to fans, so we’ll be in contact w/ everyone who bought a Mohegan Sun ticket.”

“I know tickets, hotels, driving, all that isn’t cheap, so we’ll come up with something. Again, my deepest apologies,” he ended.

RETIREMENT

The New World Tour is the sixth and final tour by Childish Gambino.

Earlier this year the singer revealed his plants to retire.

“It really was just like, ‘Oh, it’s done,’” he told The New York Times in July.

“It’s not fulfilling. And I just felt like I didn’t need to build in this way anymore.”

“I’m not 25 anymore, standing in front of a boulder like, ‘This has to move,’” Donald said.

“You give what you can, but there’s beauty everywhere in every moment. You don’t have to build it. You don’t have to search for it.”

You May Also Like

Noughties TV star, 48 has barely aged a day 22 years after hit show, four kids and new career

SHE was a very recognisable face on TV back in the nineties…

‘Access Hollywood’ star Kit Hoover files to divorce husband Crowley Sullivan after nearly 25 years of marriage

“Access Hollywood” co-anchor Kit Hoover has filed for divorce from her husband…

How Princess Diana Reacted When Palace Staffers Started Favoring Prince William and Treating Prince Harry Like a Spare

With the title of his best-selling memoir, Spare, Prince Harry made it…

‘Farmer Wants a Wife’: Jordyn Mallory Denies She Went on Show to Boost Her Music Career

Reality TV News Jordyn charmed Matt with a song in the season…