Chris Martin covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Love Story’ in Vienna two weeks after terror plot forced her to cancel Eras Tour shows

Chris Martin gave a special performance in Vienna after Taylor Swift fans were unable to attend her Austria shows due to a last-minute cancellation.

The Coldplay frontman played a cover of “Love Story” for the crowd at Austria’s Ernst Happel Stadium during the band’s Wednesday show — two weeks after the pop star was forced to cancel her Eras Tour performances due to a violent threat.

“If this is not good, please, please don’t put it on YouTube because I don’t want to get in trouble with Taylor,” Martin told the audience, per a clip posted on X.

Martin was joined onstage by Maggie Rogers for the rousing rendition.

Swift had been scheduled to perform three nights in Vienna beginning on Aug. 8.

The day before, Barracuda Music announced that all three shows were canceled following the arrest of several people with ISIS connections.

“With confirmation from the government officials of a planned terrorist attack … we have no choice but to cancel the three scheduled shows for everyone’s safety,” a statement shared on Instagram read.

The suspects, who were apprehended by authorities, reportedly planned to drive a car filled with bombs into the crowd.

On Wednesday, the “Bad Blood” singer, 34, broke her silence on the cancellation and terror plot, defending her decision to remain silent about the harrowing incident as she looked out for the safety of her fans.

“Having our Vienna shows cancelled was devastating. The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows,” she posted on Instagram.

“But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives.”

Swift also explained that she would “not speak about something publicly” when “doing so might provoke” anyone seeking to harm the fans attending her shows.

“In cases like this one, ‘silence’ is actually showing restraint, and waiting to express yourself at a time when it’s right to. My priority was finishing our European tour safely, and it is with great relief that I can say we did that,” she added.

Swift recently concluded the European leg of her Eras Tour at Wembley Stadium in London. She’s next scheduled to perform stateside in Miami from Oct.18 through Oct. 20 before jetting to New Orleans and Indianapolis.

You May Also Like

Huge Brit pop star lands major deal with Prime Video to follow her pregnancy & how she copes as mum to twins

JESY NELSON has signed a big-money deal with Prime Video to bring…

Drama Follows Prince Harry and Meghan Like ‘Flies on Rotting Fruit,’ Commentator Says

Royal family Here’s why a commentator doesn’t think the Duke of Sussex…

Inside Stacey Solomon’s £6m property empire after buying 4 homes in 4 years – as it’s revealed who owns Pickle Cottage

Stacey Solomon has bought at least four properties in the last four…

Rarely-seen daughter of 80s pop legend poses with Piers Morgan at the football – can you guess her famous mum?

THE daughter of a very famous 80s pop icon was seen posing…