Cards Against Humanity Sues Elon Musk's SpaceX, Says He 'F**ked' Land Near Border

The creators of Cards Against Humanity filed a $15 million lawsuit against Elon Musk’s aerospace company, SpaceX, on Thursday, accusing it of damaging land in Texas that the card game company bought in 2017 to impede then-President Donald Trump’s border wall.

Cards Against Humanity bought a plot of vacant land in Cameron County through a crowdfunded “prank” that garnered the support of some 150,000 people paying $15 each, according to the lawsuit.

Cards Against Humanity said in the lawsuit that Elon Musk stole the property “without remorse or even explanation.”
Cards Against Humanity said in the lawsuit that Elon Musk stole the property “without remorse or even explanation.”

“150,000 people gave us their hard-earned money, and in exchange we vowed to protect this land from racist billionaires and their dumb vanity projects,” Cards Against Humanity said of the project on a website announcing the lawsuit.

The gaming company had promised supporters of the crowdfunding campaign that it would “make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for Trump to build his wall,” according to the lawsuit.

Since then, Cards Against Humanity says it has maintained the land and fenced it off with a “No Trespassing” sign.

Property bought by Cards Against Humanity.
Property bought by Cards Against Humanity.

However, the land is just a few miles away from SpaceX’s Starbase launch site, and the company has begun constructing “large modern-looking buildings” nearby.

Cards Against Humanity said in the lawsuit that Musk stole the property “without remorse or even explanation.”

The suit claimed that over the last six months, SpaceX has trespassed onto the card company’s property, clearing it of its vegetation and unloading “an enormous mound” of gravel.

Additionally, the lawsuit said SpaceX contractors have parked all over the card company’s land and stored construction equipment there without permission.

Property bought by Cards Against Humanity during SpaceX, Starbase construction via Cards Against Humanity
Property bought by Cards Against Humanity during SpaceX, Starbase construction via Cards Against Humanity

“Just look at it! He fucked it,” read the Cards Against Humanity site about the suit, alongside pictures of the land.

In addition to the property damage, Cards Against Humanity claimed Musk has effectively damaged its reputation with supporters who donated to the campaign.

Support Free Journalism

Consider supporting HuffPost starting at $2 to help us provide free, quality journalism that puts people first.

Thank you for your past contribution to HuffPost. We are sincerely grateful for readers like you who help us ensure that we can keep our journalism free for everyone.

The stakes are high this year, and our 2024 coverage could use continued support. Would you consider becoming a regular HuffPost contributor?

Thank you for your past contribution to HuffPost. We are sincerely grateful for readers like you who help us ensure that we can keep our journalism free for everyone.

The stakes are high this year, and our 2024 coverage could use continued support. We hope you’ll consider contributing to HuffPost once more.

Support HuffPost

The card company is asking for $15 million in damages, which includes the cost to restore the land, according to the suit. Cards Against Humanity claimed on its website it will also accept “Twitter.com as compensation.”

SpaceX did not immediately respond to HuffPost request for a comment.

Support Free Journalism

Consider supporting HuffPost starting at $2 to help us provide free, quality journalism that puts people first.

Thank you for your past contribution to HuffPost. We are sincerely grateful for readers like you who help us ensure that we can keep our journalism free for everyone.

The stakes are high this year, and our 2024 coverage could use continued support. Would you consider becoming a regular HuffPost contributor?

Thank you for your past contribution to HuffPost. We are sincerely grateful for readers like you who help us ensure that we can keep our journalism free for everyone.

The stakes are high this year, and our 2024 coverage could use continued support. We hope you’ll consider contributing to HuffPost once more.

Support HuffPost

You May Also Like

7-year-old boy eating McDonald’s Happy Meal shot in the head by stray bullet, cops say

Inset: Anthony, 7 (KHOU/YouTube via victim’s family). Background: Apartment on Northborough Drive…

‘I gotta finish the beef’: Teen celebrates newly committed murder with YouTube ‘head shot’ rap video, cops say

Left inset: Murder suspect Cameron Kizer Jr. (Allen County Sheriff’s Department). Right…

Florida House Approves Draconian Restrictions on Citizen-Led Constitutional Amendments

A petition drive at the Government Services Building today to legalize recreational…

How Tariffs Wreck Trust in the United States

President Donald Trump unveiled a sweeping new tariff plan on April 2,…