Jay Blades quits two royal-backed charities after being charged with coercive control against wife

BBC presenter Jay Blades has quit two royal-backed charities after he was charged with coercive control against his wife.

The Repair Shop presenter, 54, is accused of physical and emotional abuse of estranged wife Lisa Zbozen, 43.

TV presenter Jay Blades after attending a hearing at Cannock Magistrates Court

3

TV presenter Jay Blades after attending a hearing at Cannock Magistrates CourtCredit: PA
He has been accused of coercive behaviour towards wife Lisa Zbozen

3

He has been accused of coercive behaviour towards wife Lisa ZbozenCredit: Getty

He will appear at Worcester Crown Court next month to enter a plea.

And now he has resigned as co-chair and trustee of Heritage Crafts and as ambassador of the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, according to The Mirror.

The first supports and promotes heritage crafts and the later funds training and education for makers.

He previously stepped down from educational charity the King’s Foundation.

The furniture restorer was last week charged with controlling and coercive behaviour towards his wife.

Blades appeared at a court on Friday accused of physical and emotional abuse of his wife.

His future on The Repair Shop now appears to be up in the air following the charge.

A BBC insider said: “The Beeb won’t feature any new shows in which he appears until it is clear how legal ­proceedings conclude.”

Blades married personal trainer Lisa in a small ceremony in Barbados in November 2022.

BBC presenter Jay Blades charged with controlling and coercive behaviour

She announced she had left the star on May 2 as police launched an investigation.

It comes after he had a charge of using his mobile phone behind the wheel of his Land Rover dismissed yesterday.

The presenter appeared at Walsall Magistrates’ Court wearing a black suit on Tuesday.

He earlier pleaded not guilty to using a handheld mobile device while driving in Millfields Way in Wombourne, Staffordshire, on April 2.

In a two-minute hearing, Blades spoke to confirm that his plea to the charge remained not guilty.

Prosecutor Zulqarnain Saeed then confirmed the Crown was offering no evidence.

He explained the police officer who was due to give evidence was “unavailable” and therefore the case would not proceed.

Magistrate Neil Ravenscroft told Blades, who stood at the back of the court with his hands clasped behind his back: “The matter will be dismissed and you are free to go.”

Blades replied “thank you, sir” before leaving the court room.

Blades' future on the Repair Shop now hangs in the balance

3

Blades’ future on the Repair Shop now hangs in the balanceCredit: BBC
You May Also Like

Ekin-Su cheated on me on Love Island All Stars, claims her MAFS ex saying ‘I begged her in tears not to do the show’

MARRIED AT First Sight star Georges Berthonneau has claimed Ekin-Su Culculoglu cheated…

90s pop legend is forced to cancel gig last minute after falling ill before show

A NINETIES pop legend has been forced to cancel their gig at…

Inside Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright’s first trip away as a family of three at UK celeb hotspot after welcoming baby

STAR couple Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright are loving every second of…

Jennifer Love Hewitt Celebrates ‘9-1-1’ Renewal News: ‘So Excited, So Grateful’ 

TV ABC has renewed first responder drama ‘9-1-1’ for a ninth season,…