Victim of stroller-pushing madman reacts to sentencing over random NYC attacks: ‘Where he belongs’

A stroller-pushing madman who assaulted and spit on strangers in random attacks in Manhattan was sent to prison this week after admitting to the heinous assaults — with one of his victims saying “he is where he belongs.”

Larry Warshaw, an attorney knocked out cold by Sam Mensah, 33, said he wasn’t surprised to see the maniac copped to a plea deal that sentenced him to five years in prison Thursday.

Sam Mensah was sentenced to five years in prison Thursday after pleading guilty to attacking multiple people on the Upper West Side earlier this year. Brigitte Stelzer

“Even he knew the jig was up,” the 69-year-old victim told The Post. “He is where he belongs. All the assaults were with that poor toddler in the stroller.”

Warshaw was one of several victims — including at least five women — who were attacked by Mensah on the Upper East Side as the brazen sicko terrified residents for months as he carried out violent, unprovoked attack after attack — all while pushing a young boy in a black baby stroller.

Mensah’s crime reign included knocking out the attorney, spitting in a reporter’s eye as she walked her dog and shoving a helpless grandmother to the ground so forcefully she scraped her knees and tore her clothes, prosecutors have said.

“I was knocked unconscious and fell onto the sidewalk. Luckily, my head did not hit the concrete,” Warshaw said, recalling the December 2022 attack.

Mensah is seen pushing a baby stroller during one of his attacks. Tomas E. Gaston

Warshaw also criticized comments made by Mensah’s attorney, Robert Loving, who claimed that Mensah felt threatened and was simply acting in “self-defense” at the time of the attacks.

“The lawyer’s pathetic claim that Mensah was acting to protect the baby is outrageous,” he said. “A sick and transparently contrived defense readily contradicted by surveillance video that filmed the entire event.”

Mensah’s attorney did not immediately respond to messages for comment.

Mensah’s attorney, Robert Loving, had said that his client acted in “self defense” during the attacks. Brigitte Stelzer

His sentence came after he pleaded guilty to assault charges in July — a deal that scuttled a trial over the unhinged attacks.

“Sam Mensah is being held accountable for his unprovoked attacks,” Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said in a statement following the sentencing.

“New Yorkers should be safe while walking through the streets of Manhattan. I hope today’s sentencing gives the victims a sense of closure as they continue to heal from the assaults.”

You May Also Like

Illinois student, 13, steals her art teacher’s credit card for shopping spree

An Illinois middle school teacher claims a 13-year-old student stole her wallet…

Trump shuts major online shopping loophole in blow to bargain hunters as his sweeping tariffs take effect

Donald Trump signed an executive order as part of his ‘Liberation Day’…

'Not the act of a friend': Prime Minister condemns Trump tariffs

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has condemned US President Donald Trump’s “Liberation Day”…

Here's Why Trump Will Win the Tariff Standoff

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent made it clear in an interview with…