Manhunt for ex-MTV reality star accused of soliciting minor ends with arrest after more than a year on the run

Connor N. Smith mugshot (Pinellas County Sheriff

Connor N. Smith mug shot (Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office), left, and during season 3 of MTV’s Are You the One? (MTV/YouTube screenshot)

A 32-year-old former MTV reality television star accused of soliciting sex from an underage girl in Illinois was arrested in Florida last week, bringing an end to a manhunt that lasted more than a year.

Connor N. Smith was taken into custody on Thursday and is awaiting extradition back to Illinois where he will face one felony count each of traveling to meet a minor for a sexual encounter, disseminating harmful material, and grooming, records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

Deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office at about 12:20 p.m. on March 28 located Smith in the 15000 block of George Boulevard in an unincorporated area of Clearwater, Florida, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by People. The concise affidavit noted that at the time Smith was taken into custody, he was not armed, did not appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and did not appear to be having any mental health issues.

As Law&Crime previously reported, the search for Smith began in February 2023, when authorities say he fled from a sex sting operation in Lake County, Illinois. Prior to the sting operation, said that Smith spent weeks communicating online with an undercover detective posing as a girl under 15. During the conversations, Smith allegedly sent the undercover detective sexually explicit images and videos of himself.

Smith on the evening of Feb. 9, 2023, drove to a parking garage to meet the girl, but drove off when detectives moved in to arrest him, officials said.

You May Also Like

Teacher hired high school student to kill her husband, provided ‘down payment’ and details on when kids would be out of the house: Police

Inset: Stephanie Demetrius (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Academy for Urban…

Florida House Approves Draconian Restrictions on Citizen-Led Constitutional Amendments

A petition drive at the Government Services Building today to legalize recreational…

‘We move forward’: Federal judge rejects Trump push to dismiss Isaac Hayes estate lawsuit for playing ‘Hold On, I’m Coming’ at rallies

Left: Left: Grammy award winning musician Isaac Hayes in May of 2000…

EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Grace Obtains Video of Suspect Allegedly Transporting Miranda Corsette’s Body

Nancy Grace has exclusively obtained video footage from a neighbor showing suspect…